Electriq~Global is committed to growing our team of approved joint venture partners working to build products that support our Electriq~Fuel.We’re working hard towards a solution that will give users: Twice the Range, Half the Price, and Zero Emissions.
Last week, we focused on the trucking industry. After speaking with a range of truck manufacturers, they all agree that Electriq~Fuel has a sweet spot when it comes to long-haul trucks. Below we’ve outlined the requirements of these vehicles, the limitations of other technology alternatives, and why our Electriq~Fuel is perfectly suited.
Twice the Range
Half the Price
Long-Haul Truck Specifications and Requirements
Daily Range: 800km
Fuel Tank: 2,500L
Efficiency: 1kg H2= 8km
Fuel Cell: 350kW
Usage Profile: Long periods of peak power (eg: up to 30 minutes) requiring a Fuel Cell that supports peak power and periods of cruising.
Potential Alternatives to Fossil Fuels
- Battery – Not Appropriate, batteries do not support a vehicle of this size that requires such a large daily range
- Compressed H2 at 350bar – Not Appropriate, as the range would require a greater volume of fuel than the tank can support.
- Compressed H2 at 700bar – Not Appropriate, as the refuelling time would be too long for a vehicle of this size (refuelling rate is limited by the heat generated from the compression)
- Range – Unlike batteries or compressed hydrogen, which are limited by their range and capacity, Electriq~Fuel can service a truck of this size and range requirements
- Refuelling time – Refuelling with Electriq~Fuel follows a similar time and technique to current standards for fossil-fuel-based fuels
- Limited infrastructure requirements – Refuelling stations are only required every 800km if travelling from point to point. Alternatively, refuelling stations can be built near each depot.